Last year, even people who only watched the Super Bowl for the commercials and Rihanna‘s halftime performance could get behind the postgame hug between Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce and Philadelphia Eagles center Jason Kelce.
The brothers were the first siblings to square off in a Super Bowl, with Travis and the Chiefs winning 38-35 after mounting a second-half rally Eagles fans remember all too well. (Yes, that’s an Easter Egg.)
Now, whether you just learned about Kelce because of his relationship with Taylor Swift or you’re a fan who needs a refresher on the amount of hardware Kelce calls his own, we’ve got you covered. Keep scrolling to see the answers to the most important pre-game questions, including the biggie: How many Super Bowls has Travis Kelce won?
Related: Travis Kelce’s Net Worth and Kansas City Chiefs Salary Can Buy Him a Lot of Fancy Getaway Cars
How many Super Bowls has Travis Kelce played in?
Travis Kelce has played in three Super Bowls during his 11-year NFL career, all with the Kansas City Chiefs, who drafted him with the 63rd pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. The nine-time Pro Bowler won two titles with the Chiefs in 2020 (Super Bowl LIV vs. San Fransisco) and 2023 (Super Bowl LVII vs. Philadelphia). He was also part of the Kansas City team that lost to Tom Brady‘s Tampa Bay Bucs in Super Bowl LV in 2021.
In 2019, the Chiefs looked primed to make the Super Bowl when they earned a home AFC Championship game for the first time in franchise history but lost to Brady’s Patriots 37-31. The following year, Kelce and the Chiefs flipped the script and did one better, winning both the AFC Championship and Super Bowl.
Related: Travis Kelce Is in His ‘Red’-Era as He’s Spotted Landing in Las Vegas for Super Bowl
How many Super Bowl rings has Travis Kelce won?
Kelce has won two Super Bowl championships and is looking for his third when Kansas City locks horns with the San Fransisco 49ers on Sunday, Feb. 11.
- Super Bowl LVIII isn’t the first time the Chiefs and 49ers have played on the biggest Sunday of them all. Kelce won his first Super Bowl when the Chiefs downed San Fransisco 30-21 in Super Bowl LIV in 2020. Kelce made six catches and scored the Chiefs’ first of three fourth-quarter touchdowns in the come-from-behind victory.
- Kansas City had a chance to repeat in Super Bowl LV the following year. Kelce finished with 133 receiving yards but did not score a touchdown—no one did for KC. Harrison Butker‘s three field goals accounted for all of the Chiefs’ offense in a 31-9 loss to the Tom Brady-led Bucs.
- Kelce scored the Chiefs’ first touchdown of Super Bowl LVIII in 2023. Despite the touchdown, the Chiefs were in a 24-14 hole against the Eagles at halftime but mounted a second-half comeback, winning on a Butker field goal with eight seconds left. After the game, the Kelce brothers’ embrace drew “Awws” from everyone except maybe sad Eagles fans.
Here’s an overview of Travis Kelce’s Super Bowl record:
- Super Bowl LIV: Chiefs 31, 49ers 20
- Super Bowl LV: Bucs 31, Chiefs 9
- Super Bowl LVII: Chiefs 38, Eagles 35
Next, Everything To Know About Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s Relationship