Outdoor, supervised, imaginative play is here! The City of Edmonton has relaunched their Play Rangers program, running every Saturday at various park locations in Edmonton and if you have little ones, you’re going to want to check it out.
When: Every Saturday from September 16 to December 30, 2023
Where: Various City of Edmonton parks – get more info & the full Fall schedule here.
Activities will include:
- Fire building & hot chocolate
- Kick Sleds
- Shelter and fire making
- Learn to use GPS
- Scavenger Hunts
- Snow day fun & more!
Good to know:
- City of Edmonton Leaders will guide participants and provide fun activities for all
- Everyone is welcome; come as a family or kids aged 6-12 are able to attend on their own
- Times are from 11:30 am to 5:30 pm (see schedule for dates/times offered at different locations)
- Starting location will always be at the Green Shack of the park location(s) for that day; some activities will have groups venture out into the community together
Programming will still be available on rainy and snowy days but may be cancelled during severe weather.
All leaders working the program have security clearance, are trained in first aid, and are certified specialists in fun!
Don’t forget to bundle everyone up and have a good time!