N.S. shooting inquiry to release final report in Truro
An inquiry into the Nova Scotia April 2020 shooting has announced that the Commissioner will release its final report and recommendations on March 30 in Truro, New South Wales.
Victims’ families, lawyers, community representatives, and others attend.
The Mass Casualty Commission says it welcomes public participation.
The release will take place at Best Western Glengarry in Truro. Commission website.
The report will also be published online.
In a news release on Wednesday, the Mass Casualty Commission’s chief investigator said: Experts in roundtables, community organizations, media, service providers, the public, and committee teams. ”
Last year, in a 76-day open process, the Commissioner heard 60 witnesses. He also collected evidence from 170 of his other people and entered over 7,000 documents into the evidence.
A joint federal-state commission has come under intense pressure from the families of victims and the Nova Scotia public over the April 18 and 19, 2020 killings of 22 people, including pregnant mothers. was launched.
During his rampage, gunman Gabriel Wortman impersonated an RCMP officer and committed crimes while wearing a uniform and driving a replica police car. A former dentist was shot dead by police at a gas station in Enfield, NS on April 19, 2020.