As Canada Day approaches, several businesses and services in and around the Barry and Simcoe Counties areas of Ontario will be changing their hours over the long weekend. However, as the country’s birthday falls on a weekend, the dates affected may differ. Here’s a look at what’s open and what’s closed over the next few days.
The City of Barry celebrates Canada Day with activities and fireworks on Saturday, July 1st. For event details visit the Barrie page.
Barry residents will be allowed to use fireworks until 11:00 p.m. Saturday, July 1, only for the Canada Day public holiday.
- Barry City Hall will be closed on Mondays.
- The Barry Public Library will be closed on Saturday, July 1st.
- The City of Barry recreational facilities will be closed on Saturday, July 1st.
- Parking in downtown Barry (on the street and in many lots) is free on statutory holidays, including Canada Day.
- The Simcoe County Administrative Center, including the Service Simcoe Contact Center, will be closed to the public on Mondays.
- The Simcoe County Museum is open during normal business hours on Mondays from 11am to 4:30pm.
- All offices at the Ontario plant are closed on Mondays.
- Beginning June 30, lifeguards will be on duty at Johnson’s and Centennial daily from 11:30am to 5:30pm (weather permitting) during the summer.
- Barry’s regular roadside waste collection schedule remains unchanged.
- Simcoe County’s regular roadside waste collection schedule remains unchanged.
- All Simcoe County waste depots are closed on Saturday but will reopen on Monday.
- Barry Landfill will be closed on Saturday.
- On July 1st, Barry Transit will operate according to the extended Sunday schedule. The last bus leaves the transit terminal after the fireworks show ends (around 10:30 PM).
- GO Transit will operate on the Saturday schedule on Monday, July 3rd.
- LINX Transit does not operate on Saturdays.
Tourist dies trying to drink 21 bar cocktails in Jamaica
A tiny wallet barely visible to the naked eye sells for $67,000 at auction
- The Georgian Mall is closed on Saturdays and open Mondays from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- The Tanger Outlets are open Saturday and Monday from 10am to 6pm.
- Park Place business hours may be delayed depending on the store on Saturdays
- All LCBO stores are closed on Saturdays
- Most beer shops are open from 11am to 6pm on Saturdays.
- Rexall and Shoppers Drug Mart hours of operation may vary by location. Store hours can be found here: iamsick.ca.
- Opening hours of restaurants and other service outlets may vary during holidays. I recommend checking the website before going out or calling ahead.
Nova Scotia’s Canadian National Team Takes Home Hardware at the Special Olympics World Games!
© 2023 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.